Always be grateful for what you were able to accomplish

Last weekend I had a chance to step on stage again, this is my third year competing after winning my personal battle against obesity. Even after 3 years of going through this process of getting ready to compete, I’m still learning how my body behaves for every competition, and this one was no different, it was unique, tough and enjoyable. 

When I say enjoyable is because ultimately you have to have fun, if you spend all your prep just complaining about the food, about the amount of cardio and the strict regime, maybe you need to reevaluate if this is really for you. This time I incorporated many changes to my regular routine, including more HIIT workouts. Read Destination Transformation Challenge Workout Series – HIIT for more information about it.

Bottom line is: you MUST have fun! You may (matter of fact you will) suffer to get there, but you need to digest this and understand that it’s all part of the process. This is no different than studying for a hard exam, you will invest many hours every single day studying, and it will be hard, but it will also be worth it. 



I’m very fortunate to have a great wife and amazing daughters by my side all the time. My wife is my foundation, she enables me to do everything that I need to do and not be concern about other things. I also have a great coach that above all things, is a father himself, a family guy and understands my purpose on this sport and never tries to push me beyond what I’m willing to do, the great Jeff Dwelle. On top of that I have a Greg McCoy and Destination that were very important on this prep, matter of fact not only in this prep, but throughout my entire fitness journey. Just in this paragraph I mentioned many reasons to be grateful and to enjoy every minute of the road to compete. 


The more I do, more I refine and more I get better, that’s called continuous improvement. As an IT guy I know how this works, because this is how we do to improve our process, using frameworks like ITIL. Based on that I created this modified version of the Act, Plan, Do, Check: 




Wait Yuri, are you saying that this has no end? Off course not, unless you want to stop making progress. Life is like a riding a bike, if you stop pedaling you will fall, keep pedaling and keep enjoying the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The odd outcome